Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (HBC) today announced it is participating in the International Air and Space Fair (FIDAE) from March 27-April 1 at Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport (SCL) in Santiago, Chile. The company, along with its representative Aviasur, will showcase the Hawker 4000, Beechcraft King Air 350ER, Beechcraft King Air 250, Beechcraft Baron G58 and Beechcraft Bonanza G36 with an emphasis on the special mission capabilities throughout the product line.
“Chile has been a very good special mission market for Hawker Beechcraft, and that’s helped us claim 55 percent of the turboprop market there,” said Jay Gibson, vice president, Special Missions. “The product line HBC is promoting in Chile includes both Hawker and Beechcraft airplanes used in a variety of missions: training, air ambulance, utility/transport, maritime patrol, aerial survey and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.”
HBC’s Special Mission King Air 350ER demonstrator is taking a break from its worldwide tour to be on display at FIDAE. The aircraft’s tour began on Jan. 12 when it departed Hawker Beechcraft Services in Chester, England, for the Bahrain Air Show. When the tour concludes on April 5 the aircraft will have been showcased at a variety of air shows and visited 14 countries: England, Bahrain, the UAE, India, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Ethiopia, Tanzania, South Africa, Peru, Chile and the United States.
This is the17th edition of the biennial aerospace, defense and security fair that attracts more than 100,000 attendees to visit 400 exhibitors from 30 countries. FIDAE is supported by the Chilean Government and the Chilean Air Force.
- Hawker 4000– The flagship of the Hawker line, the composite fuselage Hawker 4000 sets the standard for quality, performance and value in the super-midsize business jet class. With a 3,280 nautical mile non-stop range and cruise speeds up to Mach 0.84, it features a sophisticated composite fuselage, all metal supercritical wing, powerful Pratt & Whitney Canada FADEC-controlled engines and state-of-the-art Honeywell Primus EPIC avionics.
- King Air 350ER– HBC markets, produces and supports a broad range of special mission aircraft for commercial applications, militaries and governments worldwide. The Beechcraft Multi-Mission King Air 350ER demonstrator aircraft is a standard extended-range airplane (capable of over 12 hours endurance, or over 2,500 nm range), which has been fitted with a search radar radome with electro-optic/infrared (EO/IR) lift for surveillance missions, airline style seating for military transport missions and two medical sleds (and medical storage cabinet) for Air Ambulance missions. All of these installations are certified by the Federal Aviation Administration and European Aviation Safety Agency, and available for immediate delivery on new aircraft from the factory.
- King Air 250– Building on a reputation of proven performance, the next-generation Beechcraft King Air 250 features composite winglets and lightweight composite propellers, delivering improved runway performance, range, speed and enhanced climb. Passengers travel in quintessential King Air comfort, easily moving about in the spacious square-oval cabin over long-distance journeys. The King Air 250 further defines mission reliability with a ram air recovery system that maintains peak performance when the anti-icing system is activated, resulting in a high-performance, all-weather aircraft.
- Baron G58– The twin-engine piston aircraft that pilots aspire to own, the Baron G58 offers unmatched performance and range/payload capabilities in its segment. It also features a premium cabin that provides the best ride of any twin-engine aircraft, including flexible cabin configuration that allows for seating of two, four or six people, with the option to reconfigure and remove seats to accommodate mission needs and large baggage items. Its flight deck includes fully integrated Garmin G1000®avionics with a GFC 700 flight control system and new GWX 68 color weather radar.
- Bonanza G36– The most prestigious high-performance single-engine piston on the market, the Bonanza G36 offers six place comfort and cabin flexibility not found in similar priced four-seat aircraft. It also features Garmin G1000®avionics and a GFC 700 flight control system, making the best selling personal aircraft the most capable Bonanza yet.
Hawker Beechcraft Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer of business, special mission, light attack and trainer aircraft – designing, marketing and supporting aviation products and services for businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. The company’s headquarters and major facilities are located in Wichita, Kan., with operations in Little Rock, Ark.; Chester, England, U.K.; and Chihuahua, Mexico. The company leads the industry with a global network of more than 100 factory-owned and authorized service centers. For more information, visit www.hawkerbeechcraft.com.